Committed to building the field of systems change practice.
The field of systems change has huge potential, but if it is to grow we need more case studies, clearer language and the people who work on systems change need to be better connected.
We have be actively working to build the field for around 5 years in the following ways:
- Sharing resources across the field: Our newsletter is a roundup of useful publications, videos, jobs, events and training about systems change in the UK, US, Canada and South Africa. Check out the archive here and sign up for future editions in the form adjacent.
- Supporting funders to understand it: See the funding systems change report below, a summary of a gathering of funders in 2017.
- Convening practitioners: Rachel is on the Advisory Board of a gathering of systems change field builders in Summer 2018.
- Raising the profile of the field: Writing in HBR, Fast Company, creating a video library of systems practitioners talking about their work (systemschangers.com), writing about the challenges on systems leadership in a blog on Medium which has been read over 700 times.
- Working on language: See the keywords publication below, a partnership with Oxford University
- Documenting the emergence of the field: In the publication Mapping Momentum, which outlines the roles people can play to build a field of practice and the pockets of people working on systems change in different sectors (international development, public services, sustainability etc) who would benefit from being united.
You can download and read some of our publications and see a full list of our blogs below.
Some of our writing on systems change
A summary of our blogs
- Nov 28, 2017 Launching a new program for system entrepreneurs who are ‘halfway through’ Nov 28, 2017
- Nov 28, 2017 The Challenge of Systems Leadership Nov 28, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 Interview: Systems change network builders Sep 27, 2017
- Aug 28, 2017 Mutiny at your workshop Aug 28, 2017
- July 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 Common challenges in systems change Jun 14, 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 The art of presence Jun 14, 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 How to: Changing hearts and minds for systems change Jun 14, 2017
- May 10, 2017 “The joy is in the journey”. Really? May 10, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Strategies for systems change: My presentation @Harvard, in summary May 5, 2017
- May 4, 2017 The field of systems change is growing May 4, 2017
- May 4, 2017 How to write down practice May 4, 2017
- May 4, 2017 7 tips for designing great gatherings (and a few major don’ts) May 4, 2017
- May 3, 2017 Systems change: What makes it different from the rest of the buzz words? May 3, 2017
- Apr 27, 2017 Changing Incumbent Systems: A Personal Story Apr 27, 2017